Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sauteed Veggies & Roasted Chickpeas

The last thing I felt like doing today was cooking. I lived off of toast & edamame hummus all morning and knew I just needed some good food to kick my butt into high gear. I didn't feel like going to the grocery store so I made do with what I had and I think it worked out pretty darn good! I give you a very simple, quick sinner that is gauranteed to please. Sauteed Veggies & Roasted Chickpeas! This took under 30 mins to make, prep and all.

Sauteed Veggies & Roasted Chickpeas!

Roasting the chickpeas is super easy and you can use whatever spices you like. I didn't measure anything so I don't have a recipe to post, but it is pretty straightforward. Preheat your oven to 425. Rinse a can of chickpeas and dry off in a tea towel. Throw beans into mixing bowl and add your favorite oil (I used sesame), give a few shakes each of turmeric, garlic salt  & garam masala. Toss the beans so they are coated easily and transfer to a baking sheet. Cook for 10 mins, remove from oven and gentlty shake pan to flip beans, making sure not to spill them on the floor. Cook for an additional 10-15 mins. That's it!

While the beans are roasting, heat some olive oil (a tsp or two) over medium heat. Chop up half an onion and two medium size carrots into small-medium pieces. The smaller the pieces, the faster they cook. Stir and cover for 5-10 minutes. Once your veggies are tender, remove from heat and add two handfuls of spinach. Cover and once the chickpeas are done roasting your spinach will be nicely wilted. Toss the veg into a bowl and sprinkle with roasted chickpeas!

No comments:

Post a Comment