Thursday, December 2, 2010

Jump start on Resolutions! Yaaay December!

I don't know about you but I like to get a head start on my resolutions! I feel like if I get right to it in December I don't feel overwhelmed or bummed out that I haven't stuck with it come January. I am hoping, scratch that, I know 2011 is going to be way better than 2010. I had a lot of shit thrown my way and now that I look back it was a good thing. It gave me the opportunity to change a few things about where I was headed that I didn't like. Somewhere along the way, I got really lost and became a very angry, sad person which is so crazy because that is not who I am. People have always described me as fun, spontaneous, crazy, funny; that's who I want to be again. The 14 year old me ;) The one who did what I wanted and let no one stand in my way. I had ideas, most of them pretty out there but that never stopped me. This year I have a huge list of wants but I don't think that any of them are unacheivable. In fact I know they are all a lot closer than I think and I already have a few under my belt.

VOLUNTEERING being one of them. I have been volunteering at the SPCA for a month now and I absoluetly love it. I am working with the cats for now and hope that once I get my 3 month probabtionary perios under way that I can also do some dog walking and perhaps even work with the small animals (guinea pigs, bunnies, rats etc). It's pretty amazing having the opportunity to enhance the lives of these cute little furballs and of course I have a few favorites. I love going there, it gives me something to look forward to and I know that they look forward to seeing me and the other voluteers as well. I have only had a few incounters with unhappy kitties, usually when I brush them too much or try to get the mattes out but that is to be expected and certainly has not detered me from going back.

Cactus & Shelbey
Oliver, lounging outside

COUNSELLING is another thing new to me and I love it! I was lucky enough to have an amazing friend refer me to this woman who has been the best thing (next to Vince) for me through all of this.  If you know me that I don't need to indulge or complain about all the crap I have endured. It has been a long time coming and I have known for a while that I needed to talk to someone knowledgable about what was going on with me but I have seen so many therapists/counsellors in my time that I just didn't mesh with, I was really nervous to give in another shot. It's awesome how much better I feel after just an hour a week with this woman. She has changed my life and given me so many tools to work towards my goal. As I write this I have a huge grin on my face and am laughing a little about be being such a "princess".


SCHOOL is number two on my list. I start in January, just doing some part time upgrading which is a great start that only took me 10 (yikes) years to get to the point where I felt comfortable and ready to go back. Math has always been fairly easy for me so I am not too worried but Englsh on the onther hand...frightening! I'm not terrible or anything but I am not good at writing essays or poetry and things. It will be good though, a chance for me to exercise my brain after so long. I need that. Then I can finally start to pursue my dreams of having a job that I love! Leaning towards working with animals (veterinary assistant or receptionist) or making even working with Mental Health & Addictions. Who knows where my school days will lead me but I know it is a good step!

I hope I look this good doing Math
Add caption

So those are the two I have my head start on, now for the rest of my list :)
  • Exercise & Nutrition- I want to start walking again and  get back to my Anti Candida Diet
  • Positive Outlook- I really need to be more aware of my attitude and I really don't like being a negative nancy
  • Less Stress- This one goes hand in hand with the previous two as well as my counselling, I need to stop worrying about things out of my control and maybe if I am ucky my headaches will go away as a result.
I have more that I can't seem to think of right now but enough about me, I hope I inspire others to pre-resolute and get that little jump start so when January rolls around you've got it all under control.

1 comment:

  1. I too made resolutions to begin December and am doing...alright...but that's what tomorrow is for. Keep trying your best. Good luck with the school thing too, that's always just past my grasp.

    ReplyDelete