Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lemon Chick'n Scallopini wiht Steamed Asparagus & Garlicky Red Quinoa

Garden was on for super cheap at the grocery store, I decided to try the Chick'n Scallopini. I am a big fan of the Crispy Tenders as is my boyfriend, which is awesome because he is not vegan. Asparagus was also on sale, I had some red quinoa already and a giant bulb of elephant garlic. When I think chick'n filet dish, I want lemon and Italian spices which is just what I did. I found this recipe for lemon chick'n rub. Awesome. I tweaked with it a bit. Instead I did the zest of one lemon, 1 tbsp dried basil, 2 tbsp garlic salt, 1 tbsp Italian spice, and a bunch of fresh ground black pepper. I didn't have any vegetable broth to do the quinoa in, which is coincedentally what is brewing away in my kitchen right now, so I opted for a large chunk of elephant garlic and some spices in water. Turned out wonderfully. The asparagus was super easy to do, steam and serve. For the scallopini, I brush each side with olive oil, rubbed with the lemon mixture and sauteéd on each side for 2-3 minutes. A very simple, low fat dinner that is omni approved! Hope you enjoy as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment